Monday, August 24, 2009

Two Weeks in My Kitchen: August 12-24: Part 1

It's been a busy couple of weeks. I've really craved light summer salads--maybe I'm just trying to get them while the getting's good?
One evening I enjoyed a light meal that included crusty sourdough toasted and topped with French feta. I broiled the feta, then glazed the whole thing with basil peach jelly. Heirloom tomatoes with sea salt and basil, garlic toast and a glass of rose completed the meal.





It seems like I've eaten more tomato salad this summer than every before. This was tomatoes tossed together with fresh mozzarella, basil, olive oil and sea salt. When the fruit is this good, you don't need to do much! My other summer stand-by is a salad of roasted zucchini tossed with a lemon vinaigrette. It can be dressed up with some toasted pecans and ricotta salata, if you're so inclined.

No comments:

the perfect balance