Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas is a Comin In

Every holiday season, I bake treats for various UBS community partners, and I thought it would be fun to make a yule log for one of the organizations that supports my everyday work. It's been about 15 years since I have rolled one of these, and I wasn't quite sure how it would go.
I baked a lovely chocolate genoise, soaked it in a simple syrup made with Pimm's, then filled it with a luscious vanilla buttercream and cranberry compote.
The cake rolled beautifully--it didn't crack, and the finished log was satisfyingly solid.
Once it was chilled, I slathered on a gorgeous chocolate buttercream (seriously stuff!). A true buche de noel wouldn't be complete without meringue mushrooms, so I whipped up a batch and nestled them among some freshly cut rosemary from the garden. A light dusting of powdered sugar 'snow' finished the woodland look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

the perfect balance