Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Shooting the Goat


Today I filmed the first segment for a project that I'm working on with the Seattle Channel. We are putting together something called "Savoring Seattle" that will air as part of their weekly show CityStream. Savoring Seattle will feature neighborhood restaurants that are those places you wish you'd already eaten at, but haven't heard about yet. Today's shoot featured the delightful owner of Stumbling Goat Bistro, Erin Fetridge, and the lovely and talented executive chef, Seth Caswell. Erin was an absolute hoot, and it was such fun to hang out and hear about the start of the restaurant, to talk local and sustainable with them, and of course, to EAT!

Seth quickly put together a couple of yummy salads to use in the shoot: one featured greens from Full Circle Farms with a beautiful basil/mint dressing and the Seastack Cheese from Mt. Townsend (if you haven't tried this cheese yet, please stop right now and go get some. seriously). The other (which I chowed down) was a twist on a salad nicoise with gorgeous St. Jude Albacore tuna that was barely seared and then layered with mizuna and sea salt crackers from Essential Baking Co. This had an absolutely sinful dressing that mixed hard boiled eggs with locally made pickles and other delectable goodies.

Needless to say, I dug in as soon as possible!

I think that Savoring Seattle will air sometime in mid-June, and I will post more info about the segment as I have it. If all goes well, we'll shoot some more restaurants for CityStream.

2 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

After many foibles with small game birds at lesser restaurants in the past I greatly enjoyed the quail I had at Stumbling Goat. This was at least a year ago, but now that my memory's been revived I feel ready for more of that crispy richness - or a new adventure. Plus the small dining room is a pleasure to watch fill with early evening sunlight. A relaxing place to enjoy delicious food.

Anonymous said...

Cool site Sweet Tart

the perfect balance